People’s Park in Davao City is a four hectare wide cultural-theme park featuring a mini-forest, man-made falls, a dancing fountain at night, fish ponds, children’s playground and a giant durian dome. It’s frequently visited not only by tourists but also by students who are practicing for school activities and people who want to be physically fit since the place is large enough for jogging.
And as the name of the park suggests, it’s really for the people since the entrance is free of charge. But still, they inspect those who enter the park to ensure the safety of everyone inside.
People’s Park is clean because there are people who maintain the place and the people there are also more disciplined. There are also lots of dove birds in the park as well as in Davao City. I think they want to turn Davao into a city that’s full of city birds.
Davao People’s Park is one of the most expensive parks in the Philippines. It is one of the cleanest and greenest parks in the country and dubbed as the “best park in the Philippines” as well. Entrance to the People’s Park of Davao is free. The Durian Dome is one of the highlights of the park.
- There is a learning center found on one side of the complex that educated both children and adults. On one corner of the park is the “Sunken Garden”, a gardeners haven, and the “Children’s Library”, where children of all ages can read books anytime they want.
- The park features a Durian dome – a fruit endemic in Davao, mini-forest and large sculptures mostly made by Kublai Millan, the same designer and co-owner of Ponce Suites, a gallery/artwork hotel located in Bajada at Roads 4 and 3 in Davao City.
- See their security personnel – the Park Rangers – they are on the entrance to inspect visitors before they pass through the park.
- Experience night life in the park and get the chance to see the walls of the park lighted decorated by “waling-waling”. It is dubbed as the “Queen of Philippine Orchids”.
- The park also housed hundreds of pigeons. They stay at the “Philippine Rainforest” – a small section inside the park.
- The most notable among the large sculptures is the Philippine Eagle replica. Kids can also play at the children’s playground with swings, slides, monkey bars and many more.
- Tables for family picnic can also be found inside People’s Park but most families choose to eat on the ground and near the ponds where large sculptures are also placed.